Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Romeo and Juliet 3.4 & 3.5 blog activity

A time in my life when I was in a situation where  I disagreed with my parents was the time when i wanted to go see my cousins in college. The whole argument began when my aunt Sharon suggested that I should see my two cousins in college over the summer. My cousins go to Michigan state university and I would have to take a plan to get there. My aunt said that I could go on a plan by myself and that I  would meet her there at the Michigan airport. After she shared the idea with me I was very excited and saw the idea of traveling by myself as a new and thrilling adventure. I haven't seen my cousins in over a year and I love spending time with them. The thought of getting to see their dorms and sleeping over at the college seemed too good to be true. I asked my aunt if any of this was even possible and would actually be a considered plan for the summer. She said she would absolutely love to have me come but I would first have to make sure that it was alright with my parents. There is always a catch to wonderful plan such as this.

I knew what my parents would say about this plan before I even asked the question. My parents would absolutely say no to the thought of me traveling by myself so as a result i didn't share my Aunt's  plan with my parents right away. I still wanted to fantasize myself being an independent and mature teenager flying on my own with no parents  to tell me  I  cant buy that bag of trail mix and that coffee is not breakfast. Also I wouldn't have to be seen with my embarrassing family that over packs and  looks like they have tried to carry as much as they could without going over the weight limit of a carry on. Not to mention that  I wouldn't be responsible for watching my siblings and making sure that they go up  the right set of escalators instead of going up on the down ones. However I knew that if I was ever going to have a chance at going on the trip I would first have to talk to my parents.


Even with my excellent skills of persuasion, they said no. The argued that it would not be safe to be by myself at an airport since someone could kidnapped me or that I could die by falling down a set of escalators. Also They argued that the plan tickets were too expensive and that I would have to pay for it myself. After they made their arguments i saw how the traveling by myself could end up not being as fun and exciting as I first envisioned. The once adventurous and daring idea now become an idea  filled with fears and dangers. The argument ended up with me agreeing that  I wasn't old enough to go on  a trip by myself but I could still get a chance to see my cousins over the summer involving a different form of transportation. My family and I are going to michigan in a minivan this summer, a good old fashion family bonding  road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment