In chapter seven Scout makes a theory of Walter Cunningham being the owner to the hiding place in the tree hole. She explained that he would probable go to the hiding place a recces to leave his treasures. From the evidence Scout provided I agreed with her claim since one could infer he wanted to keep his treasures a secret from his siblings since their family is very poor. However after reading both chapters seven and eight, I predict that one of the members from the Radley family is the owner of the hiding place. I gathered my prediction from the evidence of the tree being on the Radley property and the carving of the soap dolls. when Scout looked in the hiding spot , "I pulled out two small images carved in soap. one was a figure of a boy, the other wore a crude dress"(59).The dolls were realistically carved by someone who knew what Jem and Scout looked like and is a very skilled carver. Since no one knows a lot about Boo Radley one could infer that he might have carving talents. Also the owner of the tree hole hiding spot would have had to know that Jem and Scout were the one who were taking the treasures from the tree and therefore that person would have to be able to have a clear view of the hiding spot. Since the hiding spot is on the Radley's Property one can conclude that the hiding spot may belong to Boo Radley or anther member from the Radley family.
Based on the evidence given in chapters seven and eight in the book, one can conclude that Mr. Radley is not a trustworthy person. When Jem and Scout go to the hiding spot in the tree they found that it has been sealed by cement. when they go to Mr. Radley to find out why there is cement in the tree, he claims that the tree was sick was dying and he had to seal the tree with the cement to prevent it from worsening. Jem and Scout then go to Atticus to confirm Mr.Radley Statement were he says "Why no, son, I don't think so. Look at the leaves, They're all green and full, no brown patches anywhere-"(63).Since the tree was not dying , Mr. Radley was not telling the truth about the reasoning for celling the hole with cement. I had trouble wondering why he didn't tell the truth about celling the hole. Since Mr. Radley tells lies I wonder what else he is hiding and what secrets he has.
o
No comments:
Post a Comment